This is a brief guide on how to set up 2-factor authentication.
If you require any assistance at any step of this process, please pop into IT Support (3L23) with your Mobile Phone when you can or arrange a set time for us to assist by emailing ITServiceDesk@kscs.org.uk
Register your device
- Before starting, download the "Microsoft Authenticator" app on your phone from https://aka.ms/getMicrosoftAuthenticator
- On a computer, go to https://aka.ms/mfasetup
- Enter your school email address & password. If it asks you for a “work or home” account – Select work.
- You will then see the screen below - Click "Next"
- On the next screen, click "Next"
- Click"Next" again
- On your phone, load up the "Microsoft Authenticator" app - The icon will look like this
- Select "Add Account" & Then "Work or School Account"
- On the next screen, scan the QR code shown on your computer, then click "next"
- You'll now get a Push notification on your mobile phone, press "Approve" - Then "Next" on your Computer
- You'll now need to register your mobile phone number - Enter it on the next screen and press "Next"
- You'll receive a text message on your Phone - Enter the code into the next screen and click ok
- That's it - You're done! - Click "Next" & "Next" again to finalise your registration