If you only have SMS 2 Factor Authentication setup & would like to be able to use the app method please see the instructions below. If you have both SMS & App method's registered, you'll be able to reset your password.
If you require any assistance at any step of this process, please pop into IT Support (3L23) with your Mobile Phone when you can or arrange a set time for us to assist by emailing ITServiceDesk@kscs.org.uk
- Before starting, download the "Microsoft Authenticator" app on your phone from https://aka.ms/getMicrosoftAuthenticator
- On a computer, go to https://aka.ms/mfasetup
- Enter your school email address, password & SMS 2 Factor Code. If it asks you for a “work or home” account – Select work.
- You'll now see the page below. Click on "+ Add Method"
- Select "Authenticator App" & click Add
- On the next screen, click "Next"
- Click"Next" again
- On your phone, load up the "Microsoft Authenticator" app - The icon will look like this
- Select "Add Account" & Then "Work or School Account"
- On the next screen, scan the QR code shown on your computer, then click "next"
- You'll now get a Push notification on your mobile phone, press "Approve" - Then "Next" on your Computer.
- That's it - You're done! - If you prefer a push notification a text message, you can change your defaults on this screen.