By default, anyone who is muted can unmute themselves to speak.
The meeting organiser has the ability to disable this - This can be done before or during the meeting.
- Schedule your meeting as normal - You won't be able to change the settings until the meeting is created.
- Find your meeting on your Calendar & click "Edit"
If you have scheduled your meeting inside a team channel, you can also select it from there
- Click on Meeting options
- Change the "Allow attendees to unmute" to No & click "Save"
- Now when you start the meeting, attendees will be muted by default. You can change this at any time by clicking "Show participants"
- Then clicking on the "..." and selecting "Allow attendees to mute" - You can also enable it here if you forgot to do before the meeting
- If you wish to allow individual attendees to unmute, they must first "Raise their hand" - You can then select them in the participant view & allow them to speak
- That's it, you're done!