Over the coming term, we're starting to roll out "Microsoft authenticator" for 2-factor authentication if you currently only have SMS 2-factor enabled. This offers vastly improved security & importantly, a much better user experience when authenticating to school resources.
If you have both SMS & App method's registered, you'll be able to reset your password outside of school, without needing to wait for IT services, should you ever forget it.
If you require any assistance at any step of this process, please pop into IT Support (3L23) with your Mobile Phone when you can or arrange a set time for us to assist by emailing ITServiceDesk@kscs.org.uk
- If you have not yet added the Microsoft authenticator 2-factor, you will be asked on each external logon to add this which will look like the box below.
You can click "Not now" if you don't wish to do this, however you'll be prompted again on next logon.
Click "Next" when you're ready to proceed.
- You'll need to download the Microsoft authenticator app on your phone, which you can do so byclicking "Download now"
- Follow the instructions within the app and then click next.
- You'll then be asked to scan a QR code that will appear on screen. Scan this and click "Next"
- The app will now send you a test push notification to verify all is setup. Enter the code and click "yes"
- From then on, when you sign in you'll be asked to enter a number into your phone when logging on outside of school. You'll also see the location of the request
- If you're not expecting a sign on & see this, click on "No, it's not me" which will block the sign in - Especially if the map isn't showing where you are currently physically located.
Please contact IT Services as soon as possible to make them aware.
- That's it - All done!